Pumpkin Doughnuts


A year or two ago I saw baked doughnuts on Prevention RD. They looked awesome and were (almost) guilt-free since they are baked and not fried! After seeing her post a couple of different doughnut recipes, I decided I needed to invest in a doughnut pan. Now I think I need to invest in a second...

Pumpkin Doughnuts
via King Arthur Flour

Ingredients:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus a heaping 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
8 oz flour (about 1-3/4 cups + 2 tbsp)
cinnamon & sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together everything through the baking powder in a bowl. Once smooth, add the flour. Stir until just smooth and combined.

Scoop the batter into your doughnut pan, filling each well about 3/4 full. Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.


Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges (I use a spatula for this), and transfer them to a rack to cool.
While the doughnuts are still warm (but no longer fragile), gently shake them in a bag with cinnamon-sugar.

Yield: Recipe says 15 but I ended up with 19 I think. Extra doughnuts? Not a problem with me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP