Moving Day

Friday night was spent packing. Woooo! If you remember, we had started packing like a month ago, so we had to finish that up, and continue to add to the pile in the dining room of the apartment.

And add we did.

P1020270 by you.

My most loathed part of moving is taking all of my clothes off of hangers and then hanging them back on hangers once I get to wherever I'm going. This time I just didn't. I took bunches of my hanging clothes and pushed the tops of the hangers through a hole in the top (bottom?) of a garbage bag. I left everything hanging and then on Saturday when we were moving, all of my clothes just laid flat in the back of John's parents van. At the house, they just hung back into the closets!

P1020272 by you.

P1020274 by you.
Messy apartment.

All of our boxes were labeled with whatever room they belong in. Once the truck got to the house, it was super easy for all of our helpers to unload the truck- they just grabbed a box and deposited it in its proper room. We also noted on the boxes a little more detail for John and I, when we unpacked later.

P1020276 by you.
The office with its stack of boxes.

P1020277 by you.
The guest room's boxes.

P1020278 by you.
Our bedroom's boxes and piles.

P1020279 by you.
The piles in the kitchen/dining room.

All in all, the truck took about 2 hours to load (with 2 parents, a brother & sister in law, a cousin, an aunt, and two friends, in addition to ourselves), the ride to the house took about 45 minutes, and then unloading the truck (same people, minus the aunt and cousin who had to go get braces!) took MAYBE an hour.

While we were doing the unloading, John's mom made us a huge picnic-type lunch on the grill that they gave us! Moving day was finished around 3 PM! John and I puttered around for awhile more then returned the truck and got Jaq, but we spent the night relaxing and watching TV for the first time in 2 months (!). We didn't have cable yet, so we watched regular TV, but it was so nice to just relax! Jaq took that time to get acquainted with the house.

P1020283 by you.
Finding the door and screen.

Sunday was spent cleaning the apartment (me) and unpacking boxes (John and Jaq).
P1020286 by you.

While we were making a mess Sunday, we had three neighbors stop by to welcome us! Two were an old couple from across the street and she brought us some baked goods!

P1020290 by you.
Pumpkin swirl cheesecake and something that seems like chocolate and pecan pie!

I must also mention, that Sunday we watched football all day!!

Justine  – (September 16, 2009 at 11:22 AM)  

I do the same thing with my clothes! :)

Meredith  – (September 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM)  

I hate, hate, hate the actual moving part of moving. I secretly hope that the next time we move I will be pregnant so that I can get away without much helping!

How nice of your neighbors! We still don't really know any of ours :(

leah @maritalbless  – (September 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM)  

Oh my gosh, the boxes!

Those cheesecake bars look amazing!

Samantha  – (September 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM)  

Lol Meredith- I am praying that when our brother & sister in law move, I will be pregnant so I don't have to help them, since they helped us! I doubt they will wait that long to move though. :-P

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP