Journey to Here - Part 7

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6

Since someone in admissions sent me an acceptance letter and I was there, the School of Architecture would let me stay and I would pretty much just be starting in with the freshmen. I got signed up for the appropriate classes and began.


I was in love. Everyone was so accepting and welcoming. People listened to country music! I met a group of girls to hang out with, and wait for it- we WENT TO CHURCH TOGETHER! There were awesome church programs and multiples to choose from.
About a month after arriving in Virginia, I met a boy that lived down the hall from me. He had a stupid fro but liked the same Christian bands as me, Adam Sandler movies and shared my (quickly growing) interest in college football. It was meant to be.


It was meant to be. Everything. God had this all planned out since that first dang hockey game. So many little things brought me to this point, none of which made sense at the time, but looking back it is clear as day:

  • The incentive of acceptance to RPI to get me to follow through on homework and extracurriculars.
  • Having the need to break up with the high school boyfriend for no reason other than God telling me it wasn’t right anymore.
  • That thought bring put into my head by God, telling me to leave RPI and transfer. My mom was laid off from RPI within months of this push by God that told me to apply elsewhere. If God hadn’t told me this, or I hadn’t listened, there is no way that I could have afforded to stay at RPI without that tuition that was a benefit from my mom’s job. I would have been transferring anyway, but to community college since application deadlines were past by that point.
  • The fact that I DID get that time at RPI to meet one of the best friends I've ever had. 

  • The connection and urge for Virginia Tech that I felt without having ever been there and only lightly browsing their website.
  • The instant connection with Blacksburg once there.

  • No one had authorized my acceptance to the school, yet I still got an acceptance letter and got to stay. (I proved them wrong and graduated with honors. I got my honors sash from the same professor that told me I shouldn’t have gotten accepted.)
  • I met that boy down the hall who filled every single qualification on my list. (Really.. I had a list. It was written down with a friend and a church mentor and then I modified it after leaving RPI.)
 
  • I got a degree from one of the top 5 design schools in the country- a higher ranked school than RPI.
  • I get to work in a field where I truly care about the work.. the RIGHT job for me.
  • I’ve got the boy, the cat, the dog, and the house on the land that I love.





I do not know how someone could look back at this story and not see the hand of God guiding me. It is clear as day to me.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:10-12

Meredith  – (October 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM)  

We've been talking about Romans 8:28 in Bible study lately (And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose)...and I see so much of the same thing with me in college--I didn't understand it at the time, but looking back, it all fit together exactly as it needed to in order to bring me here today. Praise God!

Loved hearing your story :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP