Frederick Half Marathon

Eight months ago I could barely walk a mile- and it definitely wasn't speedy. I felt fat in my fat jeans while at a friend's hours, so that night I went out and bought an ipod arm band. The next day I started Couch to 5k. And I stuck with it- major accomplishment.
 


Thanksgiving day I ran my first 5k, then I did another, and then a 5-miler. In March I ran a 10-miler and felt like death. Today.. I ran and finished a half marathon. It was pretty slow, but I ran it and I finished it!


The race course ran around where my first 5k was. It was so awesome to look back and where I was only 6 months ago and to where I am now.


Crazy dudes! I've got a 5k coming up in June and then it is training and speedwork all summer in preparation for the Hershey Half Marathon in October and then the big one that made me pick running - The Disney Princess Half Marathon in February!

Faith  – (May 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM)  

That is incredible!! Congrats!! You are inspiring !

Justine  – (May 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM)  

So exciting!! I started C25K a couple weeks ago, but then got sick. I'm planning on starting up again this week... We'll see what happens... :)

Meredith  – (May 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM)  

So awesome Samantha!

I really can't even imagine 13.1 miles, to be honest!

Faith  – (May 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM)  

oh no, you just told my secrets! if i get rob i'm going to blame you, hehe ;)

and too funny ... she really is the sweetest dog ... not a mean streak in her body.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP